Sunday, January 10, 2016

A Little Fat Is Fine

I'm so, so, so WITH HER on this. It's where I've been for a while now, and it's so much easier/better/happier.

In 2016, I’m committed to using my mental and physical capacity to spread love, create joy, enrich my life and the lives of the people I encounter, and stop myself when my effort seeps into pursuing leanness for leanness sake. Because there is no additional benefit from being leaner than the optimal level for health.
(she highlighted the above...I'd highlight the below)
And the effort that it can absorb could be used elsewhere for things that actually matter.

Read it all: http://askgeorgie.com/why-im-ok-with-getting-fatter-in-2016/

Look, I don't need to know a thing about you, to know this with certainty: your appearance is not the first thing that people think of, when they think about you.

I'd bet my back-squat-built ass that it's not.

And I can tell you what is: your kindness, your generosity, your listening skills, your intelligence, your "zOMG I haven't seen you in forever"-feeling hugs, your intense gaze, your loud laughter, your playful nature, your pet-whisperer skills, your delight in simple things, your love of baking, your debating skills, your perfect pot of coffee...all of that, and more.

These are the many important ways you create a lasting, loving impact on your people. Not with flat abs, non-jiggly arms, or cellulite-free thighs.

I agree in full with her highlight on this sentence:
I dare to think my life might be more “Wow” if I stopped working so hard on making sure my body was.

http://askgeorgie.com/why-im-ok-with-getting-fatter-in-2016/

--

Side note: I haven't read her book, and I really want to put a shirt on her on that cover (because that's a pretty unrealistic target for most of us, and what's the point of those perfect abs, again?) BUT healthy habits are where it's at, and the things I HAVE read in her blog all jive with me. So, at least start there.

No comments:

Post a Comment