Tuesday, May 12, 2015

You can have it all!

This.

EVERYTHING THIS SAYS.

From the Love Your Body Project: Peace, Love, and Food, worth following.

I see lots of women who are just overloaded. They have a full-time job, children to raise, a marriage to maintain, other family members to deal with, social obligations and Lord knows what else. Growing up, the message for some women was, "you can have it all!" And so, we thought that was the ideal to pursue: having it ALL.
These same women desperately try to make it all work as perfectly as they can. And they are so HARD on themselves because they aren't Superwoman. You see, they have ALL OF THAT responsibility that I listed above and then wonder why they can't muster up more energy to work out five days a week and look like a fitness model.
"But, look at Susie over there! She has just as much on her plate and can do it! She can go to Zumba five times a week!! And she wears a size 4!"
"I commute an hour each way, am responsible for feeding my family, have to help my kids with their homework, and, well, I know I'm just making excuses, but...I'm just too tired to go to the gym. I wish I weren't so lazy."
BUT REMEMBER YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL LADIES! YOU CAN BE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE!!
Well, what if I don't WANT IT ALL?? What if I can't HANDLE it all???


Please, I implore you to go read this, NOW, and absorb the message in full:
http://cyndilourunning.blogspot.com/2015/05/you-can-have-it-all.html

No comments:

Post a Comment