Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Mantras For A Happy Life

F*ck It (& 4 Other Mantras for When Things Get Tough)  

Sometimes, often actually, I forget that I am powerful.
I lose hope. I give into depression, anxiety and the million nagging questions that scream through my head demanding to know what hell I am doing with my life.
I’ve traveled all over the world and have gone on long silent meditation retreats looking for solace. I’ve seen therapists and psychiatrists. I’ve swallowed both antidepressants and alcohol as wishful remedies.
Through all this, I’ve learned that as much as my thoughts can cause me pain, they can also lead to my salvation. I’ve cultivated my own faith based on five positive messages. Call them mantras, personal life mottos or supplications to the divine. In any case, these messages, along with my best intentions, have helped me find courage and strength during difficult times.

I'm loving this extra hard today, as my brain struggles to cope with my life on not-enough sleep and doubt-filled relationships and big-scary changes coming.

If you're in a similar place, or ever have been, please click & read it all, because you're a fucking unicorn: http://www.elephantjournal.com/2014/06/fck-it-4-other-mantras-for-when-things-get-tough-mailynn-stormon-trinh/

No comments:

Post a Comment