Friday, June 10, 2016

The Universe & You

I do love the idea that the Universe is working for you, you just have to ask, you need to vibrate at a higher level, you have to put out what you want to receive, etc. It reinforces my childish desire to love everything and believe the best of everyone, always, and good things will result.

But then, dammit, you learn too much about the universe and you understand that such talk is no different than the usual religious dogma about a supreme being that knows all.

Then you have to ask yourself, what if there is NOTHING out there caring about you?

Well.

Then I guess the only power "out there" that can change your life is actually inside me.

And, if the power is inside me, doesn't that mean I hold the reins to the life I want?

Isn't that BETTER than relying on some hopeful "out there" being or spirit or wave of light?

What are you so fucking worried about? 
You are here now. Eventually, you will be gone. You have but a nanosecond on the universal clock to do whatever it is you’re going to do. When that time is gone, it’s gone. Forever. 
That means that although what you do doesn’t matter to the universe, it should matter one hell of a lot to YOU. 
In fact, it should matter to you more than it currently does. If you knew how small you are and how short a time you have to do what you can, you wouldn’t waste time watching five fucking hours of TV a day. You wouldn’t waste time doing a job you hate. You wouldn’t waste the little time you have dealing with assholes, feeling sorry for yourself, or being timid about the things you’d really like to do.

Why do we waste so much of our precious, limited energy on such bullshit? Don't get me wrong: I do it too. I spend at least 90% of my time fetal-ed up in crippling angst about shit that Does. Not. Matter. But at least I'm aware, and at least I'm at 10%.

Join me in the battle to get to 100%. Let's go fly our own fucks.

http://johnnybtruant.com/the-universe-doesnt-give-a-flying-fuck-about-you/

No comments:

Post a Comment